Thursday, June 5, 2008

Walking with Dinosaurs Xcel Energy Center

I had my friend Mary write a post about Walking with the Dinosaurs at Xcel Energy Center. Thanks Mary!

I remember being about 10 years old and hiding under my seat while in the theatres watching Jurassic Park. It’s safe to say that animated, fully-functioning dinosaurs are a lot scarier than reading about them in text books. I have always thought dinosaurs were interesting, and even considered paleontology as a major, but once I figured out that I’d be in the desert all day, digging in the heat, I wasn’t too stoked.

Walking with Dinosaurs seems like it would be a lot like Jurassic Park; minus the ravenous, blood-thirsty reptiles (and Jeff Goldblum) and more like a really cool museum exhibit that’s been brought to life. Originally, Walking with Dinosaurs was a BBC documentary series that won numerous awards and became popular in the United States when it debuted on the Discovery Channel. The show has done extremely well, as it should, considering it costs about $9.4 million to put together. When it was announced that the show would be coming to the Xcel Energy Center St Paul, many Minnesota residents scooped up Walking with the Dinosaurs tickets. I would be interested in sitting close and center because I’ve heard the detail of the dinosaurs is excellent and other reviews say the plant-life they use for scenery is realistic. If you want great seats, check out local ticket brokers like Ticket King St Paul. With an office right by the Xcel Energy Center, Ticket King is convenient for picking up tickets and since they are local, the prices are reasonable and you are supporting a locally run business.

No comments: