Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Taylor Swift Rascal Flatts Rocked

I haven’t been doing that great of a job updating this Xcel Energy Center blog, but no worries I am back on track and I am getting my friends to help me! Below is a post from my friend KC who won tickets to last Friday nights Rascal Flatts concert – thanks for the review KC! Read on…

My mother won tickets to the Rascal Flatts concert from the local country radio station and gave them to my sister and me so we could have a night out on the town and it was quite a night! We sat in section 115 which normally would be so-so seats, but since the Rascal Flatts stage was enormous and included large catwalks that came all the way out to the edge of section 115, the seats were actually pretty good.

I am a huge Taylor Swift fan and her opening act performance did not disappoint. I hate to even call it an opening act because a lot of the crowd was there primarily for her (including me). There were tons of tween girls decked out in their Taylor Swift shirts and skinny jeans. Taylor sang all her top songs, but she didn’t sing Oh, My, My which is one of my favorite songs – I guess she can’t sing them all. I would 100% buy Taylor Swift tickets, she is amazing.

Rascal Flatts had a cool stage set-up with really high-tech graphics/light show. My sister and I both agreed we had forgotten how many “popular” songs they had and how we knew the words to every Rascal Flatts song. The Xcel Energy Center was totally packed and everyone was on their feet the entire time, my feet were killing me! LOL!

Celebrity sightings: My friend Cortney over at style and sports claims she saw Minnesota Wild players James Sheppard and Josh Harding at the show. Minnesota Vikings players came out on stage after the Flatts show, I saw Jared Allan for sure and I think Bernard Berrian and two others that I couldn’t quite make out from my section 115 seats – LOL!

After the show we called my parents to Thank them for the tickets, my mother was already in bed, but my dad was up watching some car race on TV and I think he appreciated our enthusiasm and thoughtfulness to call. If you have never been to a concert at the Xcel Energy Center, you are missing out – buy Xcel Energy Center tickets today and get out to St Paul for a guaranteed good time.

No comments: